My JUNE top TEN:
1. No refined sugar. Check!
2. No packaged food with over 5 grams of sugar. I might have to make an exception for my Greek yogurt...
3. Fruit is allowed. Ate a LOT of fruit today... watermelon and strawberries...YUM!
4. No alcohol. Check... this is easy. I only drink occasionally....
5. No more than one 12-oz diet soda daily. Um... can you say NONE! I have been doing better on this, and didn't even want one today.
6. Limit artificial sweeteners. Check!
7. No fast food. Check!
8. 150 oz. of water per day (approx. 1/2 my body weight in oz.). I did okay... still need to work on it.
9. Back to the gym! I am shooting for 5 days/week of SOME TYPE OF EXERCISE. 30 minutes on the elliptical (which KILLED me) and about 5 minutes of arms. Burned 470 calories.
10. Limit processed food. Check! Don't think I had anything processed...But again, I limit processed foods anyway and try to eat clean whenever possible.
Sugar is sneaky, so I am going to have to really watch it. I noticed AFTER I ate sweet potato fries that they had added sugar! I only ate a few, though. And I will make my own from now own!
I went to the grocery store today to stock up on fruit and veggies. I got a watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, romaine lettuce and spinach. I ate a lot of fruit today, but that's ok. I've never known anyone to get fat off of eating fruit, lol.
My food was great today! Smoothie for breakfast, salad w/ tuna for lunch, grilled chicken, broccoli and sweet potato fries for dinner. Greek yogurt, strawberries, and a sprinkle of granola (w/ only 2 g. sugar) for a snack, along with a lot of watermelon. I also tasted some cantaloupe while I was cutting it.
I have felt satisfied and so far, no headaches.
The trip to the gym reminded me that I need my ass kicked for not exercising. The 30 minutes on the elliptical was GRUELING! UGH!
Tomorrow, I have scheduled a fitness assessment. I'll let ya know how it goes!