I weighed in at 284.8 - which is only down 1.6 lbs this week. A loss is a loss - so I am okay with it. But I should have done better. I know several things that went wrong this week:
1. My eat-every-three-hour schedule went out the window.
2. I ate too many protein/meal replacement bars because of my busy schedule last week.
3. Not enough f/v on several days.
4. Not enough sleep! Tuesday and Friday nights I stayed up all night, then all day the day after. The nights I did go to bed I only got 5 -6 hours of sleep. 25 hours of sleep over a 7-day period is not enough.
5. My stress level is off the chart - summer break is 4 days away and I still don't have a summer job. Clyde is still not paying child support, so I don't know how I am going to survive the next 8 weeks.
6. I am constipated, which I know is because of too much protein, not enough fiber/fruit/veggies. I also find that stress causes me problems in that area, too.
7. Still not exercising.
8. Did not journal.
All I know to do is to keep going forward, and try my best to get back to 100% success. I am still doing well with staying away from sugar and caffeine, but I know that if I don't get back to where I need to be I will be tempted to slip. Especially with caffeine - Wed. and Sat. I wanted coffee or soda so bad - just for the pick-me-up. And today our class got news we will be rewarded with a Pizza party on Wednesday. Pizza = bad news for me. It is one of my serious weaknesses. I am already struggling because I want it so bad, and I know I will not be able to stop at 1 piece if I start.
But something I am starting today is a new exercise incentive plan for myself. I NEED new clothes - it's not a want anymore. I have reasoned that I don't need a lot - just a few pairs of shorts or capris to get me through the summer months. Since I will most likely be working at Target, I won't need work clothes until late July. So for every 30 minutes of exercise I do each day, I will add $5 to my fund. So, if I do 30 min/ day for 5 days, that's $25 at the end of the week I can use to buy something. Basically, that's a pair of capri's or shorts on sale at Lane Bryant. I am so broke, but if I used to be able to scrape together $5 for Starbucks or McDonald's, I can do it for myself. And who knows, I might really kick it in gear the days I'm off work and get in at least an hour! It is supposed to be sunny all week here in middle TN, so I am looking forward to walking a lot. Today, however, will be mowing the grass again - which is a great workout, and takes at least an hour from start to finish! $10 - cha-ching!$$$
My goals for this week are to:
1. Journal everything I eat.
2. Get back on eating schedule.
3. Get at least 30 min. of exercise EVERY day.
4. Avoid a pizza disaster on Wednesday.
I have no "dates" planned this week - and maybe an outing this weekend for my birthday (which is next Tuesday). I am going to "try" to get to bed at a reasonable time this week - which is as easy as staying off the phone and the computer, lol. I know Memorial Day is coming up, but I am planning on keeping my celebration at home. I'll be grilling lean meats and will skip the fattening sides this year and go for grilled veggies instead. And watermelon! Rain is forcasted, so the day might end up being a total wash anyway. But I am looking forward to local pools opening and the beginning of the lazy, hot days of summer. I love summer! Hot weather included!