Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 3 - Finally sunshine!

I am claiming today as a good day, even though I had pizza and didn't exercise. Last night I got an unexpected house guest. My 3 yr old nephew spent the night with us, along with his 11 yr old brother (the one that lives with my mom). Apparently the little one was in town unexpectedly with his dad, and he agreed to let us spend some time with him. This is the baby that my sister gave up at birth. The little boy is very pitiful. He was born drug-addicted, and it really shows in his development. He is only 1 month younger than my daughter, but is so far behind her. I am glad to be able to spend a little time with him - it' s been two years since we've got to see him.

So last night when I got home from work, he was at my house with my mom and nephew, and we decided that we would take a trip to Chuck-e-cheese today. I had a high-fiber, whole grain bagel with cream cheese for breakfast, keeping in mind that I would be eating pizza for lunch. Well, we didn't get to Chuck-e-cheese until after 3 p.m. and I was hungry. I started with the salad bar, and felt good about everything except the macaroni salad. Then I had four small slices of pizza, which I calculated to be about two average slices. I was full, but not stuffed. I played with the kiddos, and we had a great time.

When we got home, we played outside some more. It was a glorious 70 degrees outside with plenty of sunshine. When we came in at around 7 p.m., I offered the kiddos a snack, but we skipped dinner because of our late pizza lunch. I gave them an option of fruit before bed, but they all just conked out. It was a busy day. More than once I've been tempted to sneak into the kitchen, but I refuse. I felt a little hungry about an hour ago, and I had a glass of light Silk and felt satisfied.

Because of having 5 kids to watch out for, I didn't get on the elliptical today. And honestly, I'm too tired to do it right now. It's after 10 p.m., and to be honest, I'm tired! Sleep was touch and go last night. My little nephew is very sickly and coughed, snored, and wheezed all night last night. AND he peed in the bed. So I didn't get much sleep. I figure sleep is one of those important factors for weight loss that I often omit, so I'm going to bed! His dad is supposed to pick him up in the morning, so I plan on getting a long walk in with my kids tomorrow. I love this weather!

Oh, and staying on track at work last night was a bust. Clyde showed up with roses and a dozen mini Cadbury eggs (for our anniversary). Instead of handing them back to him, or throwing them in the garbage, I ate them. All. Well, all but one that I gave to a co-worker. I saved the NI so I could account for them, but I'm owning up to it because I did it and it's over.

Today I went back over the last three days and I'm quite pleased overall. I have tracked every BLT. I am eating healthy foods and paying attention to everything that goes in my mouth. I am planning, I am counting, I am measuring. AND I'm exercising! Even with the egg incident last night and the pizza today, I still think that I am making good progress. I am confident tomorrow will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.