I am very grateful today. Today is the first day of school in my little town on my side of the world here in TN. Today is the day I've been needing all summer... the beginning of a routine! I have literally got by this summer by the seat of my pants... no real job, living day to day. Yes, I taught summer school in June. Yes, I attended classes on campus in July. But both were just for a few hours each day. The rest of the time was lounging by the pool or running around doing a lot of everything. It was a fun summer, and I am really grateful to have had time with my children. But all good things must come to an end... and in this case I am glad it ended when it did.
For the entire summer, I have gradually slipped downhill and off my diet and exercise plan. The past week or so have been out of control. I am here today to fess up! I have fell of the wagon, and today I planned to get back on... yes, I said planned. You know, I can't even use that word. I mentally planned it, but actually didn't plan or prepare a damned thing! I got totally overwhelmed yesterday in the preparations to get my kids back to school and ended up putting my lunch and meal planning on the back burner. I stayed up until 2 a.m. making sure backpacks and bags were packed and organized - and didn't do a damned thing to make sure I was prepared for today.
This morning we were all late for school! Chaos is the only word to describe my house. My room is so messy I couldn't find my damned shoes! So, right now, right here on this blog.... I am actually going to make a plan. Today ends the free-for-all, and today starts the beginning of the next phase of my weight loss journey. There I said it. And now all of you know.
1. I must go home and clean my house. I have been spending the night away from home a lot over the past 2 weeks (went to Atlanta with Jess weekend before last, spent the night with Jess Friday night, spent the night with my boyfriend Sat. night). My room looks like my closet and my hamper threw up. Laundry is NOT done. I have to get everything cleaned up and organized so I won't be in the situation I was in this morning.
2. I need to get my kitchen into "diet-friendly" mode. One thing that I have not slipped on is I am still not bringing "bad" food into my house. So I don't really have to worry about cleaning out "bad" food. But when I was doing well on my diet, I had my counters organized with my vitamins and supplements. I had my fruit and veggies chopped and ready to go in the 'fridge. It was so easy to get my lunch and snacks together the night before so I could just grab and go in the mornings. I've had a watermelon on my counter for a week... and two heads of lettuce in my crisper for at least that long. Just waiting to be chopped and included in my healthy diet plan, lol.
3. I need to start going to bed on time. I'm like a baby who has their days and nights mixed up! I stay up all night, then go to sleep at around 3 or 4 a.m. But I don't get to sleep all day - I have to get up at a decent hour to take care of my kids. I don't even get to take a nap. I have been surviving on a few hours of sleep a night - and we all know that's not good for any diet plan. My hope is that HAVING to get up at 5:30 a.m. will mke me tired enough that I will be able to fall asleep easier. Going back to the gym will also help.
4. I need to get my ass back in the gym! I was doing so well - and then I had a situation with my mother and I completely lost it for a few days. I was going to go to the gym this afternoon, but guess who didn't pack her gym bag last night? My plan is to go to the gym everyday after work since it's less than a mile from my job. If I pack my gym bag, I can get there right at 4 p.m. when the childcare opens and work out for about an hour and a half and then go home and have dinner with the kiddos.
5. I have to start putting ME first again. There have been so many ups and downs this summer, and somehow I just lost focus of me again. But I know that I am worth the time, effort, and energy it takes to lose this weight and get healthy. It's not easy, but I ready to really do it this time! I am so thankful that my insanity has not resulted in a major gain (I have gained 5 lbs). In the past I would have completely thrown in the towel and would have piled every single pound back on in record speed. But I have not went TOTALLY NUTS. I have still not TOUCHED candy. I am still not drinking soda. I am not binging or using food as an emotional crutch. I'm just not paying attention and making conscious decisions about what I eat. It's kinda like "whatever".
Ok... sorry this has got so long, but there was just a lot I needed to get out. By the time I lay my head on my pillow tonight, I will have a clean house and have all my food prepared and packed for tomorrow. My supplements will be in my bag and I will make sure all my kids have their stuff ready to go too. I will have all the clothes ironed, so tomorrow morning I will be on time and ready to be on track! Watch out, it's time to get this party started again!