Things that make this the BEST and most UNUSUAL birthday I've ever had:
1. No birthday cake - I used to LOVE birthday cake... lived for the icing. This year for the first time IN MY LIFE... didn't want one, didn't get one.
2. I can't count the birthday wishes I've received today - from both online friends and friends I see all the time. It has been overwhelming!
3. I got actual GIFTS for my birthday. I never get anything, so wasn't expecting anything. But this year, I actually had GIFT CARDS given to me for new clothes!
4. I had FUN this year - not just today, but for almost an entire WEEK beforehand! Lots of fun!
5. I did not use my birthday as an excuse to have a food free-for-all. I have still set my limits, and feel good about how well I've done today.
6. This is the first time in over 5 years that I set a weight-related goal for my birthday and actually succeeded!
There is probably more, but I'm so tired I can't hold my eyes open! Tomorrow is a new day, and the start of my 33rd year of life! And for once, I can say I am ready to LIVE!